Balboa Fun Zone
Strategic Flight Plan
The iconic Balboa Fun Zone in Newport Beach approached its 80th anniversary in 2016 with a declining reputation among locals, hotels and other tourism-based media. With new leadership, growing enthusiasm from local businesses and fresh attractions installed along the boardwalk, our team was challenged to bring the Fun Zone back to life and create a path to change the public perception. Through this project, we conducted extensive research to enable a successful brand refresh, completely revamped the look and feel of the Fun Zone corridor and developed an advertising and public relations campaign to drive traffic during the critical summer season. The campaign culminated as we invited parenting, lifestyle and style influencers and their families to “Rediscover the Balboa Fun Zone.” The event promoted the iconic coastal destination as a fun spring break and summertime destination for families.
- Garnered the critical support of the City of Newport Beach and the Balboa Village community – residents and businesses alike.
- 2 million impressions from 221 users and 400 posts using the #BalboaFunZone hashtag during the special influencer event.
- Record breaking figures across retail sales, ridership among Fun Zone attractions, arcade traffic, restaurant capacity, and more.
- A complete rebrand, both in marketing efforts and physical presence throughout the Fun Zone area.
- Marketing & Brand Development
- Public Relations
- Advertising & Promotions
- Social Media
- Creative & Production
- Website Development