California Southern University
Strategic Flight Plan
California Southern University made a name for itself in the 1970s as a simple, affordable solution for working adults in need of incremental education to propel them further in their careers. As a regional pioneer in distance education, CalSouthern evolved with the times to offer accredited, all-online instruction decades before it was essential. But like in any emerging industry, national competitors crowded the space and stole market share offering more degrees, a deeper class schedule, and slick recruitment ads. Rocket Launch was tasked with recasting The CalSouthern Story via an integrated marketing campaign that is relevant to a new generation of time-starved students with a myriad online learning options. With a new website, SEO strategy, traditional advertising for brand awareness and a public relations campaign to reintroduce the university, success was achieved within months of the launch.
- Two of the best months for student leads and enrollments in the school’s 42-year history (May and June 2020).
- 27% increase in monthly enrollments with no additional ad spend (2020 vs. 2019).
- 26% decrease in cost per lead across digital ads (2020 vs. 2019).
- 59% increase in length of time on website (2020 vs. 2019).
- New national, local and industry media coverage after years of relative obscurity.
- Marketing & Brand Development
- Public Relations
- Advertising & Promotions
- Creative & Production
- Website Development