Strategic Flight Plan
OC Waste & Recycling (OCWR) and the County of Orange were granted funds to implement a public outreach and marketing campaign in order to stimulate long-term behavioral change around waste reduction and landfill diversion. In partnership with OCWR, Rocket Launch developed the Eco Challenge brand; a county-wide activation grounded in creating behavioral change through dynamic partnerships and messaging to positively impact our environment. This campaign leveraged the newly developed Eco Challenge exhibits at Discovery Cube and partnerships with Angels Baseball, the Anaheim Ducks, Goodwill, local city governments and more to create a tangible call to action for taking the Eco Challenge. This effort consisted of recycling events, community activations, contests, scavenger hunts and more, which incentivized county residents to engage in desired eco-friendly behaviors.
- Over 13,420 community and recycling event participants.
- 89 tons of material diverted from Orange County landfills.
- Nearly 60,000 visits generated to the Eco Challenge exhibits.
- 136,500,000 message impressions.
- IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions) Brass Ring Award Finalist.
- Marketing & Brand Development
- Public Relations
- Advertising & Promotions
- Social Media
- Creative & Production
“This partnership has transformed our community in making a measurable impact in environmental stewardship. Rocket Launch has positioned us for immense growth and continued success.”
– Isabel Rios-Kahn, OC Waste & Recycling