Palace Entertainment is the largest US owner and operator of water parks, theme parks and family entertainment centers with over 6 million guests annually at 22 locations. All but two of these parks are seasonal, operating for approximately 100 days in summer only, meaning tickets were unavailable for two-thirds of the year. To get consumers to buy tickets year-round, securing revenue even when parks are closed, a rocketeer first convinced the Palace team that “you can’t sell from an empty shelf” and turned the ticketing sites “on” 24/7, no matter the park operating calendar. The team then created a compelling website with focus on the purchase funnel in 2011 and a “mobile first” re-design in 2017. Next, the team created promotions calendars to create reasons for guests to follow the parks’ social channels and sign up for email to not miss out on the parks’ biggest discounts of the year, in the off season.
- Ten years of integrated strategies involving CRM, upsell techniques, earned and paid media to remain top of mind when purchasing Black Friday, holiday gifts and pre-season planning packages to grow off season revenue 250%.
- Communication was supported with public relations, email blasts, social channels and select influencers by promotion.
- Compelling sales events were created for all ‘holidays’ throughout the year including New Year’s, Groundhog Day, Valentine’s, and even 50% savings on Black Friday.
- Black Friday sales grew from $2 million in 2014 to $10 million in 2019.
- Email address database grew from 1 million members to over 2.4 million in 5 years.
- Marketing & Brand Development
- Public Relations
- Advertising & Promotions
- Creative & Production
- Website Development
“A penchant for seeking new, cutting edge ways of effectively delivering marketing messages while simultaneously assuring all locations were on track.”
-Rolf Paegert, COO Palace Entertainment