PR Account Coordinator
Rocket Launch Marketing & PR is looking for a talented PR Account Coordinator with 1+ years of public relations agency experience to join our launch crew.
Candidates should have an academic background in public relations/communications or marketing and have work experience in research, monitoring, writing pitches, project management, and content development. As with every member of our team, you will be evaluated on your ability to consistently demonstrate our Rocketeer’s Creed and approach to client relationships.
The Rocketeer’s Creed
1. Make it Personal – Because the best marketing is always personal.
2. Brutal Honesty – The only place to build from is the truth.
3. Be a Client’s Partner – Build relationships with lasting trust.
4. Leave Nothing on the Table – The BIG and BOLD ideas are where we thrive.
• Draft written materials including compelling pitches, news releases, product one-sheets, Q&As and more (for a trade or consumer media audience)
• Work with account teams to develop story ideas and to pitch news stories to local, national and trade media
• Conduct ongoing media relations, including daily outreach – while also nurturing existing media/influencer relationships
• Develop and refine media contact lists
• Support execution of comprehensive PR plans developed by the agency
• Conduct research and prepare background materials for PR planning and media relations purposes
• Assist with media/blogger events, trade shows and press tours
• Monitor media coverage daily and prepare coverage reports with key metrics
• Assist with content development for blogs and social media
• 1+ years of public relations experience (agency experience highly preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, PR or Marketing preferred
• Track record of working with media and influencers
• Strong writing, proofreading, and communication skills
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of AP Style
• Attention to detail and energetic, proactive attitude
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Experience working with PR/marketing platforms, such as Muck Rack, Cision, Critical Mention, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Sprout Social
• Experience successfully pitching media
Rocket Launch Life
Rocket Launch is an award-winning integrated marketing and public relations firm that works in various evolving industries, including consumer packaged goods (CPG), quick-service restaurants (QSR), home appliances, consumer and business tech, attractions, destination/tourism and nonprofits.
We are a fun and dynamic team of professionals who love what we do. Our ‘Rocketeers’ are strategic storytellers and driven to provide the best possible results for our clients through creative marketing, PR solutions and dedicated service. Passion is our rocket fuel and success for our clients is the destination!
At Rocket Launch, we are intentional about the culture we create. We keep our Rocketeer’s Creed top of mind and each team member’s thoughts, words, and actions contribute to the culture of the agency. We hold each other accountable in our work and actions to create a strong bond of teamwork, trust and communication.
Rocket Launch believes in the value of a diverse workplace and we strive for and encourage a diverse, equitable and inclusive team. We are all human and learning about different perspectives makes us better people for our team and our clients. Diversity, equity and inclusion are a vital part of our culture and belief system at the agency.
Rocket Launch is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, sex, gender, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by the law.
We are a fully vaccinated team against the COVID-19 virus and ask that all applicants are as well. The office follows all COVID-19 safety measures prescribed by the CDC and county and state authorities.
Benefits of Being a Rocketeer
The agency offers a competitive salary and incredible benefits package, including 100% sponsored medical and dental plans for you, your spouse/partner and dependents, hybrid work environment, paid vacation time, parental leave, a company match 401(K) savings plan, referral bonus, and more!
If you believe this description fits you, please send your resume, writing samples, pitches and social media profiles to email@example.com along with a short cover letter explaining why you think you are the right ‘Rocketeer’ for the position.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Rocket Launch Marketing & Public Relations does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.