PR Account Coordinator
Rocket Launch Marketing & PR is looking for a talented PR Account Coordinator with 1+ years of public relations agency experience to join our launch crew at our Old Towne Orange office.
About Rocket Launch
Rocket Launch is an award-winning integrated marketing and public relations firm that works in various evolving industries, including consumer and business technology, consumer packaged goods (CPG), home appliances, automotive, attractions, destination/tourism, and nonprofit.
We are a fun and dynamic team of professionals who love what we do. Our ‘Rocketeers’ are strategic storytellers and driven to provide the best possible results for our clients through creative marketing, PR solutions and dedicated service. Passion is our rocket fuel and success for our clients is the destination! The agency offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid vacation and more.
We also follow all COVID-19 safety measures as prescribed by the CDC and county and state authorities and offer a socially distanced, in-office environment.
- Draft written materials including compelling pitches, news releases, product one-sheets, Q&As and more (for a trade or consumer media audience)
- Work with account teams to develop story ideas and to pitch news stories to local, national and trade media
- Conduct ongoing media relations, including daily outreach – while also nurturing existing media/influencer relationships
- Develop and refine media contact lists
- Support execution of comprehensive PR plans developed by the agency
- Conduct research and prepare background materials for PR planning and media relations purposes
- Assist with media/blogger events, trade shows and press tours
- Monitor media coverage daily and prepare coverage reports with key metrics
- Assist with content development for blogs and social media
- 1+ years of public relations experience (agency experience highly preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, PR or Marketing preferred
- Track record of working with media and influencers
- Strong writing, proofreading, and communication skills
- Attention to detail and energetic, proactive attitude
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience working with PR/marketing platforms, such as Muck Rack, Cision, Critical Mention, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Sprout Social
- Experience successfully pitching media
If you believe this description fits you and you are looking for a position with growth opportunity in a quickly expanding agency, please send your resume and writing samples to email@example.com along with a cover letter explaining why you think you are the right ‘Rocketeer’ for the position.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Rocket Launch Marketing & Public Relations does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.