PR Account Executive
Rocket Launch Marketing & PR is looking for a talented PR professional to help us grow and reach new heights in 2022. We are interested in Account Executive candidates with at least 2-3 years of public relations agency or in-house comms experience to join our launch crew.
Candidates should have solid PR and pitch writing, media placement and primary client-contact skills, and a proven track record of developing and implementing strategies for product and promotional launches, trade shows, blogger/influencer programs, measurement and reporting. Experience with crises, content development and syndication, and collaborating with other client agencies is welcomed but not required. As with every member of our team, you will be evaluated on your ability to consistently demonstrate our Rocketeer’s Creed and approach to client relationships.
The Rocketeer’s Creed
1. Make it Personal – Because the best marketing is always personal.
2. Brutal Honesty – The only place to build from is the truth.
3. Be a Client’s Partner – Build relationships with lasting trust.
4. Leave Nothing on the Table – The BIG and BOLD ideas are where we thrive.
• Lead the development and execution of comprehensive PR strategies to meet client needs
• Lead weekly client calls and provide insightful counsel
• Ongoing client communication and account management
• Maintains contact with media and outside vendors, as assigned
• Conduct ongoing media relations, including daily outreach – plus nurturing existing media/influencer relationships
• Draft written materials including compelling pitches, news releases, product one-sheets, Q&As and more (for a trade or consumer media audience)
• Develop and refine media contact lists
• Execute comprehensive PR plans developed by the agency
• Conduct research and prepare background materials for PR planning purposes
• Assist with planning and execution of media/blogger events, trade shows and press tours
• Monitor media coverage daily and prepare periodic coverage reports with audience metrics
• Assist with content development for blogs and social media
• Handles administrative duties – including tracking agency hours and budgets
• Actively inform colleagues about upcoming initiatives or events that further their development or that of the agency (i.e. networking, meet-ups, etc.)
• Manages daily or weekly workflow between junior staff/coordinators and team
• Infrequent travel on behalf of clients or agency, as needed
• Minimum of 2-3 years of PR agency or in-house experience; consumer, household appliances, nonprofit, or health and wellness a definite plus
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, PR or marketing preferred
• Proven track record of working with media and influencers
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills using AP Style
• Portfolio of media placements and writing samples
• Excellent project management skills and independent work ethic
• Experience managing junior staff
• Attention to detail and energetic, proactive attitude
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Experience working with PR/marketing platforms, such as Muckrack, Cision, Critical Mention, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Sprout Social
Rocket Launch Life
Rocket Launch is an award-winning integrated marketing and public relations firm that works in various evolving industries, including consumer packaged goods (CPG), quick-service restaurants (QSR), home appliances, consumer and business tech, attractions, destination/tourism and nonprofits.
We are a fun and dynamic team of professionals who love what we do. Our ‘Rocketeers’ are strategic storytellers and driven to provide the best possible results for our clients through creative marketing, PR solutions and dedicated service. Passion is our rocket fuel and success for our clients is the destination!
At Rocket Launch, we are intentional about the culture we create. We keep our Rocketeer’s Creed top of mind and each team member’s thoughts, words, and actions contribute to the culture of the agency. We hold each other accountable in our work and actions to create a strong bond of teamwork, trust and communication.
Rocket Launch believes in the value of a diverse workplace and we strive for and encourage a diverse, equitable and inclusive team. We are all human and learning about different perspectives makes us better people for our team and our clients. Diversity, equity and inclusion are a vital part of our culture and belief system at the agency.
Rocket Launch is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, sex, gender, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by the law.
We are a fully vaccinated team against the COVID-19 virus and ask that all applicants are as well. The office follows all COVID-19 safety measures prescribed by the CDC and county and state authorities.
Benefits of Being a Rocketeer
The agency offers a competitive salary and incredible benefits package, including 100% sponsored medical and dental plans for you, your spouse/partner and dependents, hybrid work environment, paid vacation time, parental leave, a company match 401(K) savings plan, referral bonus, and more!
If you believe this description fits you, please send your resume, writing samples, pitches and social media profiles to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a short cover letter explaining why you think you are the right ‘Rocketeer’ for the position.