Rocket Launch Marketing & Public Relations, a full-service marketing, advertising and public relations agency in Orange County, is seeking interns to support our Old Towne Orange, California-based team. Internships are paid positions and eligible to receive college credit. Should you be interested in interning, please see below to learn more about the opportunity and ensure you meet the mandatory requirements.
Q. What does an internship with Rocket Launch entail?
- Internships with Rocket Launch usually run 3 months or the length of a college quarter/semester
- Interns are required to work a minimum of two to three days a week, with a flexible schedule
- Interns will be ingrained in client work, attend weekly team meetings, and learn from Rocket Launch’s staff
- As an agency, Rocket Launch works on a variety of clients in diverse industries. Interns are expected to be self-sufficient workers. They are regularly supervised and evaluated with a clear understanding of duties, responsibilities, and expected results
- Intern job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to research, writing, media outreach, compiling and creating media lists, coordinating and disseminating media materials, and other activities as deemed necessary
Q. What will you gain?
- Marketing, Public Relations and social media writing materials for your portfolio
- Real-world marketing, PR & social media experience
- Ability to interface in fast-paced, agency life
Q. What are the mandatory requirements?
- Applicants must be a junior or senior, working towards a degree in public relations, marketing, journalism, communications, or related field
- Three-month internship with a minimum of two to three-day availability
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; PowerPoint is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and take initiative
- Attention to detail, especially when editing and proofing copy for punctuation, grammar, and clarity
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills
Q. What are the preferred qualifications?
- Previous marketing / public relations internship experience is preferred, but not required
- Experience with Cision, Critical Mention and Muck Rack
Q. How are interns compensated?
- Interns will receive hourly pay in addition to school credit for college internship requirements.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, please submit a resume, cover letter (include your availability), and any marketing or PR writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Rocket Launch Marketing & Public Relations does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.