Senior PR Account Executive
Rocket Launch Marketing & PR is looking for a talented PR professional to help us grow and reach new heights in 2022. We are specifically interested in Senior Account Executive (SAE) candidates with at least 3-5 years of public relations agency or in-house experience to join our launch crew at our Old Towne Orange office.
To be considered as a Rocketeer, the candidate should have solid PR and pitch writing, media placement and primary client-contact skills, along with a proven track record of developing and implementing strategies for product and promotional launches, trade shows, blogger and influencer programs, and measurement and reporting. Experience with crises, content development and syndication, and collaborating with other client agencies is welcomed but not required.
About Rocket Launch
Rocket Launch is an award-winning integrated marketing and public relations firm that works in various evolving industries, including consumer packaged goods (CPG), quick-service restaurants, home appliances, automotive, consumer and business tech, attractions, destination/tourism and nonprofits.
We are a fun and dynamic team of professionals who love what we do. Our ‘Rocketeers’ are strategic storytellers and driven to provide the best possible results for our clients through creative marketing, PR solutions and dedicated service. Passion is our rocket fuel and success for our clients is the destination! The agency offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid vacation and more.
We also follow all COVID-19 safety measures as prescribed by the CDC and county and state authorities and offer a socially distanced, in-office environment.
- Lead the development and execution of comprehensive PR strategies to meet client needs
- Lead weekly client calls and provide insightful counsel
- Ongoing client communication and account management
- Maintains contact with media and outside vendors, as assigned
- Conduct ongoing media relations, including daily outreach – plus nurturing existing media/influencer relationships
- Draft written materials including compelling pitches, news releases, product one-sheets, Q&As and more (for a trade or consumer media audience)
- Develop and refine media contact lists
- Execute comprehensive PR plans developed by the agency
- Conduct research and prepare background materials for PR planning purposes
- Assist with planning and execution of media/blogger events, trade shows and press tours
- Monitor media coverage daily and prepare periodic coverage reports with audience metrics
- Assist with content development for blogs and social media
- Handles administrative duties – including tracking agency hours and budgets
- Actively inform colleagues about upcoming initiatives or events that further their development or that of the agency (i.e. networking, tech meet-ups, etc.)
- Manages daily or weekly workflow between junior staff/coordinators and team
- Infrequent travel on behalf of clients or agency, as needed
- 3-5 years of PR agency or in-house experience; CPG, household appliances, nonprofit, or health and wellness a definite plus
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, PR or marketing preferred
- Proven track record of working with media and influencers
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills using AP Style
- Portfolio of media placements and writing samples
- Excellent project management skills and independent work ethic
- Experience managing junior staff
- Attention to detail and energetic, proactive attitude
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience working with PR/marketing platforms, such as Muckrack, Cision, Critical Mention, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Sprout Social
If you believe this description fits you and you are looking for a position with growth opportunity in a quickly expanding agency, please send your resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter explaining why you think you are the right ‘Rocketeer’ for the position.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Rocket Launch Marketing & Public Relations does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.